If you believe that you were fired, demoted or punished by your employer in retaliation for asserting your employment rights or being a whistleblower, you can turn to the experienced employment law attorneys at the Navarette Law Firm to protect your rights.
We represent employees just like you who need help because you were retaliated against by their employers. Our experience, tenacity and courtroom skill as employment law attorneys enable us to fight for the best settlement for you or the best recovery at trial.
Examples Of Retaliation In The Workplace
- Being given fewer hours or less pay
- Being assigned to dangerous duties or transferred to a dangerous or faraway location
- Being demoted, fired or subjected to another punishing conduct
- Your employer punished you because you attempted to enforce your legal rights, helped a co-worker assert his or her legal rights, or you reported what you believed to be illegal activity by the company to a governmental agency
Possible Reasons For Retaliation
Listed below are just a few examples of circumstances that may have prompted your employer to retaliate against you:
- You filed a workers’ compensation claim or attempted to file a workers’ compensation claim
- You took a leave for pregnancy, a leave for a disability or a leave for a family emergency
- You reported illegal behavior by your employer, such as unpaid overtime or no breaks, or you reported a dangerous workplace condition
- You complained of discrimination or sexual harassment or any other type of harassment or discrimination taking place at work
- You testified in support of a co-worker’s complaint of discrimination or harassment, or you helped a co-worker to report it
- You cooperated with a state or federal investigation involving the company you work for, or that you used to work for
Retaliation Can Happen To Anybody — If It Has Happened To You, We Will Get You Justice
People of color, single mothers and undocumented workers are especially vulnerable to workplace retaliation, but we represent workers from a wide range of industries at the Navarette Law Firm. Call 866-994-BEST or contact us via email to schedule a consultation.